I’m an energetic costume enthusiast. I bring my creativity & passion for bringing the fun into my work and everyday life. I am a trained scientist, turned educator and have spent nearly a decade perfecting the craft of engaging students in creative and unique ways with integrated technology lessons in STEM. I bring my love for geology and the outdoors into education, and much of what I do has gone beyond the desk. I work to not only engage kids in STEM fields, but I empower them to fall in love with math and science in a way that embraces their strengths and challenges them to break stereotypes.
I have taken my love and expertise for technology integration in the STEM classroom through collaboration with teachers across the globe. My work is rooted with individual teachers, districts, regional partnerships and grants, and in the educational technology space. I am an expert in designing content and product training in education. I take this expertise and passion for STEM infused with the experience of a veteran educator. My passion for collaboration and community make my work much more than a job, but a way to revolutionize education.
When I am not working, I enjoy hiking with my husband and dogs, playing with fashion and makeup, and traveling. I have also ventured into several creative projects such as podcasting and video content creation, which blend so many of my passions together.
Random Facts About Me
- I am an avid traveler. I have traveled to nearly all 50 States in the United States. I tend to prefer long road-trips over single location trips–and I plan to visit all seven continents in my lifetime.
- I am a self-proclaimed nerd. I used to hate this word growing up, but as I grew older, I learned that it wasn’t such a bad thing. Harry Potter? Dr. Who? Museums? Building with LEGO? Settlers of Catan? Massive book collection? I’ve finally embraced all these nerdy sides and so much more. Nerdy is the new cool, right?
- I love genealogy and have tracked my family history back several centuries. Knowing your families history–even the parts that you may not want to celebrate–helps me understand the word and appreciate the translation of culture changes in a personal way. It is my hope to visit towns and regions important to my own culture and upbringing, but also learn to appreciate the process of cultural immersion and understanding.
- I am a notorious overpacker that tries to pack their belongings in carry-on luggage. I’ve done it numerous times–and if I’m preparing for a trip, I am most likely creating tons of playlists of travel and packing videos.
- I love fashion and makeup, but don’t consider myself really skilled at either! I love to play with color and patterns and firmly believe that life’s too short not to wear bright colors & play with your look.
- I play many instruments & haven’t found one that I haven’t enjoyed playing, yet. I am band-nerd through & through and have joked that I play enough instruments that I’d be a one person band! I also have an obsession with multi-day long Spotify playlists.